GROUP TOUR – TOUR CODE: CSG05S
The epicenter of the Mekong Delta, Can Tho is the largest city in the region and feels like a veritable metropolis after a few days exploring the backwaters. It’s also the perfect base for nearby floating markets, the major draw for tourists who come here to boat along the many canals and rivers leading out of town.
WHY BOOK WITH US
US$ 66/ person
This Mekong delta homestay tour will offer you the chance to live as a local.
EXTRA SERVICES – You can book or not
3-star hotel instead of homestay: The surcharge is US$ 25 per person
- Pick-up & see-off from a meeting point in District 1, Saigon city.
- Air-condition bus transfer with experienced driver throughout the tour.
- English speaking tour guide throughout the tour.
- Homestay in Can Tho.
- Boating in My Tho, Ben Tre, Can Tho.
- Boating to Cai Rang/ Phong Dien floating market.
- Fresh tropical fruits, honey tea.
- 1 Breakfast, 1 Lunch, 1 Dinner.
- Admission fees to sightseeing places.
- Hotel upgrade.
- Drinks and other personal expenses.
DAY 1 SAIGON – MY THO – BEN TRE – CAN THO – OVERNIGHT HOMESTAY (L,D)
At 7:30 – 7:50am, you meet our tour guide and driver at the hotel lobby. We offer free pick-up services if you stay in hotels in District 1 only.
Leave Ho Chi Minh city, enjoy the scenic journey along the National Highway bordered by green rice fields. On arrival at My Tho, visit Vinh Trang pagoda, take a leisurely boat ride along the river, view stilt houses, fruit plantations and fishing villages along the river bank. Proceed to Tortoise islet, have lunch in the orchard garden. Then a boat ride to An Khanh – a less touristy attraction in Ben Tre, enjoy cruising on a hand-rowed sampan under the shade of water coconut trees along natural canals. Have a short cycling tour (applied for private tour/if time permitted) then enjoy seasonal fruit & honey tea to the sound of “Southern Vietnamese folk music”, performed by the locals. Visit a family business which epitomizes the idyllic rural lifestyle, taste delicious coconut candy & observe the pastoral life as you roam through the fruit plantations and villages. Proceed to Can Tho.
Homestay with dinner is arranged.
DAY 2 CAI RANG/PHONG DIEN FLOATING MARKET – SAIGON (B)
Take a leisurely boat trip to explore the picturesque tributaries of the Lower Mekong river (Bassac River), then proceed to visit Cai Rang floating market (& Phong Dien is optional), which are the liveliest in the whole religion.
Have you ever tasted Vietnamese vermicelli soup? Well, now go and see how it is made. Then wander around the village and meet the friendly local people and experience how to cross a “Monkey bridge” which is built by only one stem of bamboo. Visit the orchard garden. Stop for lunch (paid by yourselves). On the way back to Saigon by bus the last stop is to see how incense sticks are made. End of the trip at your hotel in Saigon.
This tour covers all highlights and most beautiful parts of Mekong delta:
- Boating along the coconut channels
- Boating among floating markets
- Live and experience the life as a local
- Listening “the soul of countryside” and “the voice of Mighty Mekong”
Floating market is the most featured of Mekong Delta – Vietnam. This is a typical image when all the vendors are gathering on the river making an amazing and bustling atmostphere. On arriving in the municipality of Can Tho, you can start the motorized boat to visit the Cai Be floating market, also the biggest one of the Delta, experience how people exchanging goods, fruit and many other commodities on their vessels. Another of the many well-known floating markets in the western region of South Vietnam is Cai Be, which was formed in the Nguyen Dynasty in the 19th century. The Cai Rang and Cai Be floating market are always busy, bearing all the characteristics of the locals’ life in the western region. All the goods are transported to the market by rafts and boats.
There are a lot of post-tour extensions:
- To Chau Doc: By shuttle bus and you may refer our 3 day trip from Saigon. Chau Doc town borders to Cambodia and you can take the morning hydrofoil to Phnom Penh. You can also experience the wild life of Mekong region by a halfday boat trip to Tra Su Bird Sanctuary.
- To Phu Quoc island: You can choose either Can Tho – Phu Quoc (14:50 – 15:40) (by Vietnam Airlines VN1014) or the hydrofoil Can Tho – Rach Gia – Phu Quoc (4 departures daily).
- To Hanoi: You can book the daily flight upNorth to Hanoi 10:00 – 12:10 (by Vietnam Airlines VN 1200) or 17:25 – 19:35 (by Vietnam Airlines VN 1202).
Olá, gostei demais do seu web-blog! vi que o campo muito bem escrito.
Tenho um blogue no mesmo assunto e gostaria de ver
se você tem alguma dica para quem está começando a postar arrigos sobre este tema.
Generally I don’t learn article on blogs, however I would like to say that
this write-up very pressured me to try and do so!
Your writing taste has been surprised me. Thanks,
quite great article.