GROUP TOUR – TOUR CODE: CNB01S
1-day tour to Tam Coc “The 2nd Halong bay” and Hoa Lu, the ancient capital of Vietnam. Enjoy the optional cycling through the most featured rural villages of North Vietnam.
Price = US$ 30/ person
This Group tour will offer you the best of North Vietnam countryside.
TIME: 8:15 am – 17:00 pm
- Pick-up & see-off bus from your hotel inside Hanoi Old quarter. A surcharge of US$ 5 per person is added in case pick-up & see-off outside Hanoi Old quarter. If you stay outside of the area and donot want to pay the surcharge, please be present at Hanoi Grand Opera House at 8:15 am, the tour guide and bus driver will call on to pick-you-up.
- English speaking tour guide throughout the tour. A surcharge of US$ 15 per person is added in case you need 1 French speaking guide.
- 1 Lunch at a local restaurant in Tam Coc.
- Boating on Ngo Dong river in Tam Coc.
- Admission fees to sightseeing places: Hoa Lu ancient capital, Tam Coc “the 2nd Halong bay”.
- Gratuities for tour guide and crew.
- Phone call, laundry service and other personal expenses.
Easy cycle from Hoa Lu to Tam Coc (10km): + US$ 5 per person.
HOA LU – TAM COC TOUR PROGRAM
08.00 Pick you up at your hotel, arrive at Hoa Lu after 2 hour driving.
10.30 Visiting Hoa Lu ancient capital of Vietnam during the 10th century with 2 Temples (King Dinh and King Le) and the excavation site behind the King Dinh temple.
12.00 Take the bus to Tam Coc (optional easy cycle)
12.30 Have lunch at Tam Coc Restaurant.
13.30 Get on the boat in Tam Coc pier. Passing through 3 caves hang Ca, hang Hai, hang Ba. Boating along the rice fields.
15.30 Back to Tam Coc pier get on the bus back to Hanoi.
18.00 Arrive at your hotels in Hanoi. End of services.
ABOUT OPTIONAL CYCLING
The cycle path through villages from Hoa Lu to Tam Coc is 10km long and it takes a little energy and sweat hence motorbiking is easier.
Some clients ask us if they have to ride back to Hoa Lu to handover the bicycles. The answer is “No” – in Tam Coc restaurant, there’s our staff waiting for you to receive the bikes. Shortly, you only cycle 1-way Hoa Lu – Tam Coc.
We really want to include this activity in Hoa Lu – Tam Coc tour because the rural villages are very typical for rural villages in North Vietnam with lush rice fields, tranquil bamboo trees, communal houses, children jumping onto the river, buffalo swimming in damp. We should not use bus transfer along this 10km road. Just use motorbike or bicycle to stopover along the road to get indepth into the locals’ life. You can see some exciting photos we took last year attached in this email. Cycle costs US$ 5/person. Motorbike costs US$ 9/person (no-driver) and US$ 12 (with driver).
For who booked Sapa night trains, you can ask the driver and tour guide to drop-you-off at Hanoi Train Station (no surcharge).
For who loves Cuc Phuong National Park, 1 more night in Ninh Binh or Tam Coc is recommended, then on the next morning, you go on a private tour to Cuc Phuong. See our 2-day Ninh Binh tour.