GROUP TOUR – TOUR CODE: CHN01S
Imagine a city where the exotic chic of old Asia blends with the dynamic face of new Asia. Where the medieval and modern co-exist. A city with a blend of Parisian grace and Asian pace, an architectural museum piece evolving in harmony with its history, rather than bulldozing through like many of the region’s capitals. Welcome to Hanoi with 1.000 year history, “the city of lakes” with over 60 green and legendary lakes connecting 5 main rivers, “the city of museums” with 45 museums diplaying aspects of old and modern Hanoi, “the city of Peace” awarded by UNESCO since 1999.
US$ 28/per person
This Hanoi highlights tour will offer you the best of Hanoi city.
TIME: 8:15 am – 16:30 pm
- Pick-up & see-off bus from your hotel inside Hanoi Old quarter. A surcharge of US$ 5 per person is added in case pick-up & see-off outside Hanoi Old quarter. If you stay outside of the area and donot want to pay the surcharge, please be present at Hanoi Grand Opera House at 8:30 am, the tour guide and bus driver will call on to pick-you-up.
- English speaking tour guide throughout the tour.
- Shared boat trip on Halong bay
- 1 Lunch on the boat with Vietnamese food
- Admission fees to sightseeing places
- Hotels, drinks & other personal expenses
HANOI HIGHLIGHTS TOUR PROGRAM
Morning pick-up from your hotel inside Hanoi Old quarter from 8 to 8:30 am by our tour guide and bus driver.
In the morning, you will visit:
- Tran Quoc pagoda, the oldest pagoda of North Vietnam (over 1,400 years) lying on lakeside of West lake, the largest lake of Hanoi. A short stopover for taking photos. You will know more about typical architecture of North Vietnam pagoda.
- Ho Chi Minh Mausoleum, Ho Chi Minh stilt-house relating to the life of Vietnam former President Ho Chi Minh from 1945 to 1969. Know more about 1 of 100 most influential people all over the world in the 20th century listed by TIME Magazine.
- One-Pillar pagoda – The pagoda on 1 stilt. This is the unique architecture different from Tran Quoc pagoda.
- On Monday, Wednesday, Friday: Bat Trang ceramic village, 20 km from city centre, with a half-millenary historic development.
- On Tuesday, Thursday, Saturday, Sunday: Vietnam Museum of Ethnology, the best museum of Vietnam in terms of ethnology, home to 54 people groups.
Lunch will be served at a local restaurant.
In the afternoon, you will visit:
- Temple of Literature, the first national university since 1070 with 82 rocky stelae writing the achievements of 82 former royal masters as UNECO World Documentary heritage since 2009.
- Hoan Kiem lake “Return Sword lake” which is the heart of Hanoi, visit Ngoc Son temple and you will know more about the legendary story that King Le Loi return the God’s blade to the Saint of Turtle.
You say goodbye to tour guide and driver at your hotel at around 16:30. End of services.
Please remember to take with you: long clothes for visiting pagodas and Ho Chi Minh mausoleum, umbrella/ cap, camera, bottled water.
The last place to visit is Ngoc Son temple so by yourselves, you can take a shuttle electric car “Green Tourism” (1 ticket = 20,000 VND) for about 30 minutes driving around Hanoi Old quarter. This is a new mode of Hanoi Old quarter experience. The car station is just next to Ngoc Son temple.
You can also enjoy water puppet shows at Thang Long water puppet theatre, which is opposite to Ngoc Son temple. There are 4 shows everyday at 14:15, 16:30, 18:30, 20:00.